About Hampton Roads
Plan Ahead for a Solid Retirement in Hampton Roads
By the time you reach retirement age, you've probably already owned a handful of homes. But picking a Hampton Roads retirement home can be unlike any real estate decision you've ever made before.
For a lot of people, retirement catches them off guard. After all, most of us have been so busy working and raising a family, retirement always seemed like something in the distant future. Now that it's upon you, you may find that you're unprepared and undecided about where you'd like to live and how.
But extra care should be taken to ensure that you truly enjoy your retirement. Perhaps for you that means not yielding to family pressures to stay close to home or moving to a retirement community that's exclusively for those 65 and older.
During your retirement, you can afford to be a little greedy and to seek out exactly what's best for you. In order to do that, though, consider which of these options are more alluring for you:
- Do you prefer hot/humid weather or cold/dry weather?
- Do you want to remain geographically close to your family members?
- Do you want to live by the ocean, by the mountains, or somewhere in between?
- Do you want to live in a community where most of your neighbors are around your age?
- Do you want to continue to have a yard or would you prefer not to have one?
- What type of home will still be making you happy five years from now?
As your Hampton Roads real estate expert, I would love to help you as you navigate your way through both retirement as well as the Hampton Roads real estate market. Contact me, Diana Rondinelli, today and I'll let you know about available listings in the area as well as answer any questions you might have.